Here is a list of things to help you enjoy your stay in the Old Tobacco Tower:
- WiFi internet access throughout the grounds.
- iPod dock & CD player, CDs
- TV & DVD’s for children and adults
- DVD hire available in Città di Castello
- Towels, Pool Towels & Bed linen
- Several games for all ages plus a toy basket for younger children
- Hair dryer & hot-water bottles
- Cot & High chair.
- Stunning views
- Private Swimming Pool
- Markets: Weekly markets in Città di Castello & Sansepolcro, Monterchi (on a Sunday morning where there is a Porchetta van)
- Anghiari and the famous Antique market in Arezzo first W/E of each month.
Fitness & Sport
- Cycling (Bicycle hire available locally)
- Ten-pin bowling
- Outdoor roller-blading in summer nearby
- Spa centre at the golf club along the valley with an indoor swimming pool available to non-members
- Tennis in Monterchi
Near Ravenna is a theme park called MIRABILANDIA which has good rides and a beach and aquapark.
Spa & Massage
A wonderful masseur can come to the house to offer relaxing sessions to loosen muscle tension. Please ask for more information should you be interested in having an aromatherapy massage.
La Buia is right on the Piero Trail begining at Arezzo to Monterchi, Sansepolcro, Urbino and Perugia. Also for those who like modern art there is the ‘Burri Collection’ in Città di Castello plus one or two small galleries that sell modern art.
Other Festivals … La Balestra in the main Piazza of Sansepolcro in the summer plus a flag throwing contest. Montone mediaeval procession in August. The Palio in Siena, La Saracena jousting festival in Arezzo in September. Chocolate Festival in Perugia in October. Città di Castello holds a Truffle fair in early November … to name a few.
Work by Raffaello Sanzio hangs in a church in Città di Castello. The art gallery of Città di Castello also has many beautiful paintings. In Sansepolcro the Museum has a painting by Perugino.
Babysitting can usually be arranged in advance.
Dinner can be arranged if and when guests desire and is served on the south Terrace of the main house. Please book in advance. Dinner on arrival is often a nice idea when you are tired from travelling. Meals can be tailor made and range in cost. Please ask for pricing. 4 course meal with good local Umbrian wine 35 euros a head. Small portions can be arranged for children.
The Hospital of Città di Castello is brand new and excellent and has a very good Emergency section.
Good dentist who speaks English and trained in Switzerland in local town.
- Wine tasting
- Sight seeing
- Scenic drives
- Wonderful Hairdressers just opened in Sansepolcro
- Outlet Shopping. Addresses of where to go provided.
Day trips can be made to Siena, Ravenna (Byzantine mosaics that Matisse wanted to see), Urbino, Todi, Orvieto and Spoleto.
* Extra cleaning is possible. Please ask when you make your booking.
* Dinner can be arranged for arrival evening. 35 euros a head for three course meal including wine – for 6 people and over. (smaller numbers are priced at a higher price per head) – please enquire.
Smoking is not permitted inside the house.
Guests wanting to bring their dogs or domestic pets; please ask.